Saturday, July 2, 2011

Comments For Teachers #3

Exploring Web Tools: Symbaloo
In Tyler's blog post about Exploring Web Tools he talks about Symbaloo. He mentions that it is free, which is always great! He also talks about how he created a "custom dashboard" for his students that has useful sites and tools for his class. I think this is an awesome idea. It will be so easy for the students to use and find information quickly. In my comment to him, I told him about my PLN (which I am using Symbaloo for) and how it is useful to me. I also let him know that I think his use of the "custom dashboard" for his students is a really good idea.

Evidence That PBL Works
In Tyler's blog post Evidence That PBL Works he talks about the research that has proven that project-based learning works. The results from the research found that both students and teachers benefit from PBL, students scored higher on measures of problem-solving skills and their application to real-world economic challenges, students who used PBL outscored their peers on standardized tests, and teachers scored higher levels of satisfaction with their teaching material. In my comment to him I wrote about how important I think all of these things are. The most important of all of them, in my opinion, is that students showed better scores in problem-solving skills. I think that students should start to learn problem-solving skills early in life because it is something they will need to use forever. If PBL's can enhance this skill in students I think it should be incorporated into the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment